Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Craftiness: Wooden Plaques


I have been kind of obsessed with this blog lately. The Shanty Sisters are crafty AND creative. I want to make so many of the things they create. I loved these JOY plaques that they made, so I copied them and tweaked mine a little. I have a friend that decorates with "grinch" green and red. I love those colors every year, so I decided to use that color scheme. The Shanty Sisters give a great tutorial, so follow theirs if you want to recreate.




Up close - I am still trying to figure out how they distress theirs. Maybe they have stronger arms than me, but I sanded and sanded until I thought my arm might fall off!


















On my buffet - I took these pictures while I was still in the process of decorating, so it's not quite finished in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. I love those! I was telling someone about those and how cute they were. I haven't crafted a bit...feeling a bit overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle. Maybe next year I can get my butt in gear. Love them, miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    Well over 160000 men and women are using a easy and SECRET "liquid hack" to lose 1-2 lbs every night as they sleep.

    It's proven and works every time.

    Here's how you can do it yourself:

    1) Take a drinking glass and fill it up half glass

    2) Proceed to learn this proven HACK

    and become 1-2 lbs lighter as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete